The Birmingham cardiac three-day diet according to legend was created in the Birmingham, Alabama Hospital cardiac department. It was created to be used as a tool to help patients lose weight quickly prior to surgery.
The diet been criticized as a fad diet for quick, short-term weight loss. This fad diet promises weight loss of up to 10 pounds in just three days. The diet is also known as:
American Heart Association three-day diet, at Baptist Hospital three-day diet, Bubba’s three-day diet, Florida three-day diet, three-day army diet, three-day cardiac diet, a three-day heart diet, and the Hospital three-day diet.
The diet’s claim that you will lose 10 pounds might be true. But in reality the way. Losing is most likely water weight is definitely not dense body fat.
The Birmingham, Alabama cardiac three day diet makes all sorts of claims including: rapid weight loss, cleansing, decreased cholesterol, and increased energy.
So, curious about how works? You are required to follow the diet exactly for three days of each week. During the remaining four days of the week eat as usual. If you want to lose more weight resume the diet for three more days.
So what can you eat? The birmingham cardiac 3 day diet is a very specific plan and you must follow it explicitly in order to see results. If you eat any other foods than those on the diet plan, it will be considered over eating and likely you won’t lose weight. The diet also stresses that under eating should be avoided as well. In fact, you must eat the recommended portions even if you aren’t hungry at the time you’re supposed to eat!
* 1/2 Grapefuit or Juice * 1 Slice of Toast * 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1/2 cup Tuna * 1 Slice Toast * Black Coffee or Tea
* 2 Slices (3 oz.) of any Meat * 1 cup String Beans * 1 cup Carrots or Beets * 1 small Apple * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
* 1 hard-boiled Egg * 1 Slice of Toast * 1/2 Banana * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 cup Cottage Cheese
* 1/2 cup Tuna * 5 Saltine Crackers
* 2 Wieners * 1 cup Cabbage or Broccoli * 1/2 cup Carrots
* Turnip Greens * 1/2 Banana * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
* 1 hard-boiled Egg * 1 Slice Toast * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 Slice Cheddar Cheese * 5 Saltine Crackers * 1 small Apple * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 cup Tuna * 1 cup Carrots or Beets * 1 cup Green Beans
* Cauliflower * 1 cup Cantaloupe
* 1 small Apple * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
The diet’s rules are simple and easy to follow. As the proponents claim that this diet works because it initiates a special chemical breakdown. And if substitutions are made a special chemical breakdown doesn’t occur and you won’t lose weight. In addition to the diet menu above you’re allowed to consume:
* Diet soda or tea sweetened with an artificial sweetener * Salt and pepper (no other seasoning) * Stick to this diet for 3 consecutive days each week. * After 3 days eat usual food, but be sure not to over eat. * After 4 days of normal eating, start all over again,